It is very important to know the functioning of the RAM in the PC, as this is part of one of the main components that make up the computer system, so the same problem brings computer failure.
The RAM (Random Access Memory). It is where the computer stores data temporarily, only to be accessed by the processor faster, ie this data is lost when the computer is turned off, only remain those who are been stored on the hard disk.
The process begins when a command is entered from the keyboard. The processor interprets this command and gives a command to the hard command to load the program into memory or disk. Once the data is loaded into memory, the processor can access the faster.
This physically constituted by a set of integrated chips into modules, which communicate with the main card through the contacts on the bottom has.
By getting more computer memory in our performance of it is improved, applications respond faster, web pages load faster and can have more programs running simultaneously.
Currently, almost all memory comes in the form of memory modules and installed in sockets located on the system motherboard.
Generally the memory is close to the processor as close after finding this information travels faster and therefore its performance is improved.
Its speed is measured in megahertz (MHz), or in terms of access time, measured in nanoseconds.
It is likely that at some point we present memory problems, this is often usually happen when: just bought a new computer, just installed new memory, If you just installed new software or a new operating system, If you just installed hardware , although it is likely to happen a failure even if the computer has been running fine and had made no recent changes.
Common causes of memory problems:
- Improper Configuration: You have the wrong part for the computer or did not follow the configuration rules.
- Improper Installation: The memory may not be seated correctly, a socket socket is bad or needs cleaning.
- Defective Hardware: The memory module itself is faulty.
Most common presenting symptoms to fail:
- The computer reboots, no video shows.
- Computer does not restart
- Computer freezes or does not load the operating system
- Computer becomes very slow
- The operating system shuts down completely
- Computer beeps when turned on
- The computer boots but does not recognize all installed memory.
- The computer reports a memory error.
- Make sure you have the correct part number for the computer memory.
- Verify the location or position of the modules is correct, if necessary reinstall the module.
- Check the status of the contacts module, clean the socket and the pins on the memory module.
- If the problem persists modules must change
I hope after reading this article can more easily detect a problem caused by memory.