My Laptop Is Slow
Over time, your laptop begins to accumulate more files and programs as a result of regular use. Eventually, this can slow down your laptop’s response time, making daily processes take longer to execute and lowering your productivity. You can fix a slow laptop by conducting normal maintenance on your machine, such as freeing up hard drive space and running the Windows hard drive utilities. You can also prevent unneeded programs from launching when your laptop starts and add more RAM memory to increase performance.
If your laptop is slow, we can help! There’s a number of different reasons a laptop may begin running slow, and we’ve listed a few of them below. To improve your laptop’s performance, we first need to understand WHY it’s running slow and then we’ll know what we can do to fix it!
- Maybe you caught a virus
- Have you noticed strange pop-ups? A virus can bring your machine to a halt, but unlike the common cold, this one has a cure!
- Have you ever reloaded your system?
- Just like a closet, a laptop can accumulate “junk” over time. If error messages and bugs and glitches have been building, maybe it’s time you let us clean it all out for you!
- Has the performance issue been a sudden onset?
- If this problem has suddenly appeared out of nowhere, it could be due to a damaged hard drive or faulty memory stick. Don’t worry, we can test for this!
If your old laptop is starting to show its age, there can be any number of issues affecting its performance. Here are five likely culprits for why your laptop is running so frustratingly slow and five solutions to return it to its former glory. Feel free to fill out a quote form on our website for a free estimate or give us a call to 7864220705